Incepted in 2005, MINEX Russia is one of the largest and most significant mining events in the country.
Forum agenda snapshot
- 5 Masterclasses;
- 3 Market Overview Sessions;
- 3 Panel Discussions;
- 7 Technical Sessions;
- 4 Business Podiums;
- The 1st Conference «Mining Goes Digital” on digital transformation of mining and extractive industries in Russia;
- The 13th Russian mining excellence award;
- MineInvest – the 2nd junior mining projects accelerator competition;
- MineDigital – the 1st Mining Digitisation Solutions competition;
- MineMovie – the 1st documentary film festival about mining and geological industry in Russia;2 days’ Mining Trade & Investment Show;
- “In aid to subsoil users” – consultations with the leading experts from Rosnedra, FBU GKZ, RosgeolExpertiza, TsKR, VIMS, TsNIGRI;
- The 8th MICROMINE Users Conference with participation of experts in geology, mining and consulting.
In addition to quantitative indicators, the forum has undergone qualitative transformation
- The number the forum sessions has increased, and themes have widened. For the first time, the agenda included sessions devoted to the review of individual market segments e.g. prospects for the production and marketing of battery metals.
- The Forum introduced a new format of presentations by the CEOs of leading mining companies.
- A discussion on digital transformation in subsoil use was organised with the participation of experts from the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use (Rosnedra), Federal State Institution Rosgeolekspertiza and specialists from ten Russian and foreign mining companies.
- For the first time, the “Mining Goes Digital” conference was held in the framework of the Forum. The Conference has become the first event in Russia reflecting the evolving digital transformation in the mining industry.
- The number and variety of investment projects participating in the MineInvest contest has increased. The number of strategic investors in the jury has grown.
- The MineDigital competition has been launched, providing a platform for the presentation of innovative digital technologies for the mining industry.
- “In aid to subsoil users” consultations are organised with the participation of specialists from the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use (Rosnedra), Federal State Institution “Rosgeolekspertiza”, Federal State Budgetary Institution of the State Commission for Mineral Reserves “GKZ”, Rosgeolfonda, VIMS, TsNIGRI and VSEGEI.
- The format of presentations of companies taking place in the exhibition has been changed using the “Silent Event” technology.
- For the first time, the MineMovie Documentary Film Festival is organised, dedicated to companies and people working in the mining and geological industry. Despite the novelty, the competition attracted great interest from companies and amateurs who presented 56 films!
- The forum secretariat has developed its own multi-functional mobile application that allows solving previously inaccessible tasks «in one window”.
Positive changes and trends in the mining industry have accelerated the Forum’s growth
- The number of participants increased by 37% and the participation of top managers increased by 30%. The total number of forum participants exceeded 800 people.
- The number of companies that have not previously participated in the forum increased by 22%.
- The number of exhibitors increased by 56% and the exhibition area expanded by 40%.
- The number of speakers increased by 52%.
- The overall program duration increased by 38%.
Forum 2019 in Figures
1000+ → Exhibition visitors
814 → Participants
180 → Speakers
90 → Exhibitors
44 → Partners
29 → Sponsors