11th Russian Mining Excellence Awards
Russian and International companies are invited to nominate the best mining projects and success cases in the Russian Mining Industry in 2017.
Don’t miss out on being recognised for your hard work! The cut-off date for submitting nominee proposal is 1 September 2017
The Russian mining industry has much to be proud of and deserves greater recognition for its contribution to the country’s economic growth, jobs creation and development of best practices in responsible management of planet’s largest wealth of natural resources. MINEX Russian Mining Excellence Award was established by the MINEX Russia Forum in 2007 with the aim of recognising and rewarding excellence in the Russian mining and geological industries.
Established in 2007 by MINEX Russia Forum The Russian Mining Excellence Award has become a “Russian Mining Oscar”. The award’s unbiased independent awards committee consisting of the group of seasoned mining professionals helps to access proposed nominations and determine the outstanding achievements and projects. Participation in the Awards nominations is FREE and open to Russian and International companies.
The Award finalists and winners will be announced at the Russian Mining Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on 12 October in Moscow. All finalists will receive diplomas. The winners will also receive handmade bronze sculpture of a Miner set on the semiprecious stone plinth and metal plated plaque.
Nomination categories of the 11th Russian Mining Excellence Awards
1. NOMINATION – “EXPLORER OF THE YEAR”
Award description: For achievements in mineral exploration in Russia.
Nominee: A company or organisation.
Evaluation criteria: Achievements that have helped to expand mineral resources and substantially boost reserves in the period between current and previous MINEX Russia Forums, including the discovery of new fields, a significant increase in reserves of previously discovered fields.
2. NOMINATION – “MINING PROJECT OF THE YEAR”
Award description: For the successful implementation of a mining project in Russia.
Nominee: A company or organisation.
Evaluation criteria: Successful (large scale and effective) implementation of a mining or mineral/metals processing project in Russia in the period between current and previous MINEX Russia forums.
3. NOMINATION – “INVESTOR OF THE YEAR”
Award description: For successful bringing in investments to the Russian mining industry.
Nominee: A company or organisation (banks, funds, investment companies which finance mining exploration and production projects, as well as mining companies which participate in M&A deals in Russia).
Evaluation criteria: Large-scale financing of third party mining projects (that were not earlier owned by the company) and effective organisation of investment financing of a major project at an early stage and/or in a high risk environment. The valuation takes also into account total investments raised/provided between current and previous MINEX Russia forums.
4. NOMINATION – “HR PROJECT OF THE YEAR”
Award description: For the successful implementation of a professional development, education and/or training project in the Russian mining industry.
Eligible nominee: A company or an organisation (mining, exploration and service companies, and higher educational institutions).
Evaluation criteria: Implementation of a project related to professional/advanced development, education and/or training of mining personnel between current and previous MINEX Russia Forums that led to significant improvements in the professional and qualification levels of company staff and university graduates.
5. SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE COMPANY OF THE YEAR
Award description: For the implementation of projects in the mining sector which have greatly improved relationships between companies and local communities, significant commitments to community, building a solid workplace for people and honest governance.
Eligible nominee: A company or an organisation (mining, exploration and service companies).
Evaluation criteria: Realisation of the project in the Russian mining industry between current and previous MINEX Russia forums in the development and implementation of outstanding practices in Socially Responsible Mining.
– information openness and transparency;
– development of benchmark social policies in the mining sector;
– implementation of charitable and sponsorship programs.
6. NOMINATION – “TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR”
Award description: For the introduction of breakthrough technological solutions in the Russian mining industry.
Eligible nominee: A company or an organisation
Evaluation criteria: The introduction of new technical and technological solutions in the Russian mining industry between current and previous MINEX Russia Forums. Nominations may be awarded to two companies – a service company (developer) and mining company (implementer).
7. NOMINATION – “MINING LEGEND” *
Description: For a major personal contribution to the development of the Russia’s mining and geological industry.
Eligible nominee: Managers, scientists and employees of companies, organisations and government agencies.
Evaluation criteria: Exceptional and widely recognised personal contribution to the development of the mining and geological industry in Russia/CIS.
* Due to a sensitive nature of this Award category the nomination is determined by the Awards Committee’s private vote
8. NOMINATION – “SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OF THE YEAR” (2017 in Russia is dedicated to introduction of best Environmental solutions and Ecology preservation practices)
Award description: For the successful implementation of project in the mining industry which made significant positive impact on the development of management systems and society (description given in the evaluation criteria).
Eligible nominee: A company or an organisation
Evaluation criteria: Successful implementation of the project in the Russian mining industry between current and previous MINEX Russia Forums in the field of social responsibility, including:
– Environmental and industrial safety;
– Information openness and transparency;
– Impact on the development of social policy and structure of the region;
– The implementation of charitable and sponsorship programs.
|01.07 – 15.08.2017||Submission of nomination applications|
|01.07 – 01.09.2017||Submission of additional information requested by the Awards Committee|
|01.09 – 15.09.2017||Selection of the nominees|
|18.09 – 22.09.2017||Internet vote|
|25.09 – 29.09.2017||Evaluation|
|12.10.2017||Awards ceremony at the Gala Dinner of MINEX Russia 2017 Mining & Exploration Forum|
|13.10.2017||Announcement of the winners on the MINEX Russia 2017 website and news releases.|
- Submit proposal for the nomination of a company or project before 1 September 2017.
- Applications are accepted from Russian and foreign companies, government representatives and executives.
- Company or project can be proposed for the nomination in no more than 3 categories.
- To maintain the high professional level of the awards The MINEX Awards Committee reserves the right to accept or reject applications which do not meet the Awards criteria.
- Once the application has been accepted, the applicant will be required to submit accompanying information (when required). Additional materials (rationale for nominating the project for obtaining Awards, up to 5 pages) must be submitted no later than the 10th of September 2017.
- Finalist it the Categories 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 will be announced on 15 September 2017 on MINEX Russia Forum website and internet poll will commence soon after. Winner in the Category 7 will be selected by the Award Committee and announced on 12 October 2017.
- The Award finalists and winners will be announced at the Russian Mining Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on 12 October in Moscow. All finalists will receive diplomas. The award winners will also receive handmade bronze sculpture of Miner set on the semiprecious stone plinth and metal plated plaque.
- Award finalists and winners will be invited for the award group photo and awards interviews recorded for MINEX TV (internet video recordings of the forum highlights).
|Julia Boiko||Expert, Head of Mining Award Comitee 2017|
|Boris Yatsenko||Partner, Head of the Metals & Mining Group in Russia and CIS, EY|
|Andrey Tverdov||Technical Director, IMC Montan|
|Roman Shchetinskiy||Head of Prospective Development Department, GV Gold|
|Aleksandr Lopatnikov||Managing Director, Russia, American Appraisal|
|Mikhail Leskov||Director for Mining and Metals, American Appraisal|
|Stanislav Borodyuk||Director, PR & PA, Kinross|
|Vadim Petrov||Vixe-Rector, MSMU-MISIS|
|Alexey Lazarev||Deputy Head of Metals Department, GKZ|
|Mikhail Sivkov||Director, SRK Consultung|
|Pavel Spitsyn||Sales-trader, Sberbank CIB|
Explorer of the Year – Polymetal International
Polymetal International won the Explorer Of The Year nomination with their Viksha project (9,5 million ounces of palladium).
Notable finalists in the nomination were Highland Gold with their Kekura project (2.7 million ounces of gold).
Mining Project of the Year – Gold of Kamchatka
The nomination Mining Project of the Year has been contested between the gold factory at the Ryabinovoye deposit in Yakutia currently being built by the Seligdar PJSC and Zoloto Kamchatki JSC with their Ametistovoe processing plant aimed to produce 4 tons of gold a year.
Gold of Kamchatka emerged as the winner in the nomination.
Investor of the Year – Norilsk Nickel
The final at the Investor of the Year nomination saw Seligdar’s Ryabinovskoye mill compete with Polymetal International Plc with who produced their first gold at the Svetloye deposit 9 months ahead of schedule.
The third finalist the Bystrinsky processing plant built in Chita by Norilsk Nickel ended up winning the nomination.
Sustainable development project of the year – Kuzbasskaya Toplivnaya Company
The Sustainable development project of the year award has been a contest between Sibenergougol who created a monument of nature at the Kostenki cliffs, Polymetal International Plc with their charity photography competition that helped raise money for a girl who was diagnosed with epidermolysis bullosa and Kinross Gold Corporation who organized an ecology monitoring training program at their Kupol and Dvojnoj mines. Last but not least, Kuzbasskaya Toplivnaya Company, who adapted the practice of transferring their land to the Karakansky nature reserve to preserve biodiversity which won them the trophy in the nomination.
HR Project of the Year – SUEK
The HR Project of the Year award was taken home by the Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK) who developed the Mining School summer camp and youth learning program. Other finalists in the nomination were Polymetal International Plc who implemented a geological and management skills remote training program and Kinross Gold Corporation, who launched the Executive Director School training program for managers.
Technology of the Year – Norilsk Nickel, OOO “Summa technology” and UralTehIs
In the nomination Technology Of The Year, the final saw Polymetal International Plc who developed a Unitarian corporate risk management system based on geomechanical modelling compete with Kinross Gold Corporation who came up with an innovative tail filtration system. The winners in the nomination were Norilsk Nickel, OOO “Summa technology” and UralTehIs (who were nominated together as part of one project) who used innovative industry 4.0 location systems to solve logistical challenges.
Mining Legend – Mikhail Shumilin
Mikhail Shumilin, doctor of geological-mineralogical sciences, professor)was named the winner in the “Mining Legend ” category for his scientific achievements -in the field of uranium geology .