Challenger – a mining company of organisation offering up a case or technological challenge
Challenges – a technical case submitted for the competition. The case may either be real (e.g. using real names with detailed parameters) or realistic (names omitted and parameters not fully disclosed). The organisers leave the selection and design of the challenges to companies.
The cost of the Challenger package is – $ 6,000 USD
Applications and Challenging cases must be submitted to the Forum organisers no later than 15 August 2017
Challenger package includes the following benefits:
– An opportunity to offer up to 5 technical challenges for the competition
– An opportunity to set up judging panel to evaluate solutions and decide the winners
– A possibility of arranging individual meetings with the completion participants during the Forum
– Four passes for company representatives to participate in the MINEX Forum, an evening reception and the Gala Dinner
– An advertising page in the forum catalogue.
– Participation in the awards ceremony
Super-challenge – challenger companies may offer financial rewards to the winners for the on-site implementation of the proposed solutions.
Preparation stage (ends on 15 August)
- Completed application form before 15th August.
- Submit with the application a worksheet with description the description of challenges.
- Provide corporate profile to be published at the forum website.
- Provide by 15 September information about the jury panellists who will evaluate solutions.
Challenges proposed for the competition will be published on the forum website and announced in regular news bulletins and press-releases.
Prior to the Forum the challengers will receive the list of providers for review and will be offered facilities for organising face-to-face meetings.
Presentation Stage (11-12 October, Moscow)
The presentation of challenges and solutions will be take place on the 11 and 12 October at the Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel in Moscow. The forum organisers will be provide an auditorium equipped with a jury podium, screen, projector, sound system and a simultaneous translation with Russian and English language options. Entry is free for forum participants, media and exhibition visitors.
Up to 5 solutions can be presented per challenge. The jury will be able to question presenters and determining the best solution while the audience will be offered the opportunity to cast their votes to determine the most creative solution.
The competition winners will be awarded with the diplomas and prizes at the awards ceremony to be held at the Gala dinner on 12 October at the Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel in Moscow.
After the forum the solutions presented at the competition will be passed on to the challenger in digital format and in agreement with the authors published in the forum materials.