Since the beginning of 2016, the Moscow Exchange Metals & Mining Index showed consistent growth. Many experts predict that many metal prices – from gold to lithium – will continue to rise. On the back of the optimistic forecasts, hopes were recently subdued by slowing consumption in China and mounting corporate debts which resulted in drops of shares of the largest mining companies. However, optimists argue that this is a temporary correction. While the dollar printers are hard at work and planet’s population grows and consumes, the money will find its way into hard assets, such as mining. Instability and corrections are handy for buyers and those who have access to cheap money.
- Will the 2016 bring stabilisation and growth in metals and minerals prices?
- Will the new upward cycle be similar to the previous one and which fundamental drivers will reinforce it?
- How prepared are Russian companies for growth and competition for new markets, money and technology?
- Will companies avoid making mistakes in their choice of investment and development strategy?
- What sources of funding are available to mining companies working in Russia?
- Can companies effectively overcome Russia’s isolation from Western technologies and capital to ensure sustainability?
- What conditions and incentives are offered in Russia to investors and how they compare with other mining jurisdictions?
We invite participants of MINEX Russia 2016, and all who are willing to share their expectations about the prospects for the Russian mining industry, to participate in a public survey under the theme “Sources of growth in the Russian mining sector” organised in the framework of the forum.
Timing: replies from survey participants will be accepted until 1 October 2016.
Confidentiality: The organisers guarantee that all personal information collected during the survey will not be published or used for advertising or other purposes not related to the survey.
Prize: All survey participants will be entered in the prize draw – Russian Gold Coin.
Results: The results of the survey will be presented at the closing session of MINEX Russia Forum on 6 October and published on the Forum website: www.minexrussia.com/2016
Prize: The winner will be announced at the Russian Mining Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on 6 October in Moscow