The Russian East development was declared by Russian authorities as a national priority in the 21th Century. Investment potential, lighter tax regime, adjacency with the main trading countries (China, South Korea, Japan) and large infrastructural projects are the key factors in initiating economic development of the Russian East and improving the business relations between Russia and developing states in the Southeast Asia.
The main themes are:
- What role does the mining industry play in developing the Russian East?
- What strategies are needed for regional development?
- Which projects are attracting Russian and international state-owned funds and private equity funds to invest in?
- What requirements should projects satisfy?
- What do authorities and business want from each other?
These problems will be discussed by:
Vitaly Nesis, Group CEO, Polymetal International Plc
Claude Schimper, Regional Vice-President, Russia, Kinross Gold Corporation
Dr Pavel Maslovskiy, Chief Executive Officer, Petropavlovsk
Sergey Tsivilev, Chief Executive Officer, Management company Kolmar, LLC
Alexei Chekunkov, CEO, Far East Development Fund (FEDV)
Stanislav Song, Director, Russia-China Investment Fund
Alexander Patlach, Head of Investment Department, Interminerals management Ltd. (Renova Group)
Dr Geoffrey Cowley, Chief Executive Officer, CIC Gold Group Limited
Thomas Bowens, General Director, Amur Minerals LLC
The full information is here: